Rose Tea experiment


On Friday my friend Kim and I went up to Northbridge to visit a few art exhibitions and have a snoop around. While looking for a small shop up on Brisbane street we found a magical cake shop called Rochelle Adonis and instantly fell in love.

We decided to sample a few goodies and we had some Fiori Rose tea with our cakes. Delish!! So I went for a visit to the Freo markets yesterday where I picked up some dried roses to attempt to make my own.
Unfortunately the roses, while extremely beautiful to look at, have almost no flavour. So I sprinkled some black tea with rose water and dried it slowly in the oven and added some dried rose geramium leaves as well. Not quite as luxurious but a pretty good cuppa until Rochelle Adonis can sell me the real thing.... mmmmm...

After procrastinating for a good few days, I finally got into the studio this weekend and made 7 bowls and 26 herb garden markers shaped like birds. Photos to follow when first lot emerge from the kiln. Less than 6 weeks until the market.......